DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Bisoui Pte. Ltd. (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, billing address, email address, telephone number, nationality, gender and date of birth.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We collect your personal data when (a) you use our site or interact with our communications (b) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (c) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) personalizing your experience on our Site, including tailoring the content and information available;
(f) processing payment or credit transactions;
(g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(h) performing analyses for our business purposes;
(i) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you.
7. Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly solicit any personal information from anyone we know to be under the age of 18.
9. We use ‘cookies’ to:
(a) understand and save user’s preferences for future visits;
(b) remember and process items in the shopping cart; and
(c) compile and aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make the Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders even if your cookies are disabled.
10. This Site may provide links or references to third party sites. Our Site may include third-party social media features and other third-party plug-ins and widgets. Bisoui is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these sites. Bisoui shall not be responsible for any damages or injuries arising from your use of these sites and these links do not serve as an endorsement or affiliation between the site and bisoui. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
11. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our Site but we may or may not do so in the future.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
12. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
14. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
15. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
16. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
17. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
18. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within ten (10) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
19. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
20. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
21. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
22. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
23. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
24. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
25. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
26. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
27. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 09/10/2020
Last updated : 09/10/2020